Correos Stand at Internet World 2007
I was surprised to come across the Spain Post Office (Correos) stand at London Internet World 2007 yesterday. Apparently, cross-border trading in Europe is catching on quicker than I thought; "we reach any place in Spain" is their message.
Correos is offering standard Direct Marketing services for Spain
- Direct Mail: dispatch of volumee promotional mail into Spain; leaflets, catalogues magazines
- Quality databases both acquiring and cleaning the list
- Parcel services already used by the likes of Amazon when shipping into Spain
- Registered post an alternative to the UK Post Office service for Spain
I applaud the move on behalf of Correos to open up cross-border online market further. I just hope businesses in Spain are taking note and planning to export into northern Europe in return. Certainly good news for Spanish online publishers since northern Europe merchants exploit online advertising fully in their ad mix.
Worst case scenario is that southern Europe becomes a consumer nation for value-added services and technology.
- Widget Media - Jan 08, 2010
- 2009 the Year of Online Brand Marketing - Apr 14, 2008
- Ad "receptivity" High for Online Video Advertising - Jan 04, 2008